Refocus Eye Health is a premier network of eye care providers dedicated to delivering exceptional vision care through advanced treatments, cutting-edge technology, and compassionate service. With a collaborative approach and a team of world-class specialists, Refocus Eye Health aims to elevate eye care to new heights.
What is Refocus Eye Health?
Founded in 2018, Refocus Eye Health is a network of ophthalmologists, optometrists, and eye care specialists committed to enhancing vision and eye health at every stage of life. Their goal is to make Refocus Eye Health a one-stop destination for comprehensive and elite eye care.
Mission and Values
The mission of Refocus Eye Health is to provide patient-centered eye care of the highest quality. Their core values include:
- Clinical Excellence – Utilizing the latest advancements in ophthalmic care
- Patient Experience – Delivering compassionate, individualized care
- Accessibility – Making eye care convenient through a broad reach
- Education – Empowering patients to understand eye health
- Collaboration – Partnering with patients and providers for the best outcomes
Refocus Eye Health was founded by a team of distinguished ophthalmologists and healthcare executives. The leadership team includes:
- Dr. Anne Simmons, Chief Medical Officer – Renowned cataract surgeon and clinical professor of ophthalmology
- Dr. Robert Chen, Chief Optometric Officer – Leading optometrist with expertise in cornea and contact lenses
- Helen Walters, Chief Executive Officer – Seasoned healthcare executive with over 20 years of experience
- Dr. Michael Brown, Chief Innovation Officer – Expert in ophthalmic technology and telemedicine
Together, they bring extensive clinical expertise, management understanding, and a passion for accessible, quality eye care.
Benefits of Choosing Refocus Eye Health
There are many good reasons to choose Refocus Eye Health for your eye care needs:
Top Specialists and Subspecialties
Refocus Eye Health has assembled an exceptional team of board-certified ophthalmologists and optometrists across all subspecialties, including:
- Cataract surgery
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- Optometry and vision therapy
Patients have convenient access to elite specialists for precise diagnoses and effective treatments.
Cutting-Edge Technology and Innovations
By continuously investing in advanced diagnostic tools and treatments, Refocus Eye Health provides patients with the latest innovations in eye care, such as:
- Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Wavefront-guided LASIK
- Premium intraocular lenses (IOLs)
- Robotic retinal surgery
Integrated, Collaborative Approach
Refocus Eye Health emphasizes seamless coordination between patients, referring doctors, and their specialized teams. This integrated approach results in consistent, high-quality care.
Personalized Patient Experience
Refocus Eye Health delivers individualized care based on each patient’s unique needs, concerns, and preferences. Their compassionate, attentive physicians and staff guide patients through every step.
Convenience and Accessibility
With locations across several states and a robust telemedicine program, Refocus Eye Health provides patients with convenient access to elite eye care close to home.
Range of Eye Care Services
Refocus Eye Health offers a comprehensive array of advanced eye care services to enhance vision and treat ocular diseases.
Routine Eye Exams
Thorough eye exams form the foundation of ocular health. Refocus Eye Health provides complete exams that include:
- Case history review
- Visual acuity testing
- Eye alignment evaluation
- Eye pressure measurement
- Slit lamp exam
- Retinal evaluation
- Eye health assessment
Annual exams allow early detection of conditions like glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
Medical and Surgical Eye Care
For patients with complex eye diseases or trauma, Refocus Eye Health offers specialized medical and surgical management, including:
- Medical treatment of eye infections, inflammation, and dry eye
- Cataract surgery with premium IOLs
- Treatment of glaucoma, including medications, laser, and surgery
- Management of diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and other retinal conditions
- Corneal transplantation
- Repair of eye injuries and eyelid abnormalities
- Pediatric eye care and strabismus surgery
- Neuro-ophthalmology care
Vision Correction Surgery
Refocus Eye Health performs a wide range of vision correction procedures to reduce dependence on glasses and contacts, including:
- LASIK – reshapes the cornea with laser to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- PRK – like LASIK, but eliminates surface corneal cells without a flap
- SMILE – lenticule extraction through a small incision to correct myopia
- ICL implants – collamer lenses placed inside the eye for high degrees of nearsightedness
- Cataract surgery with toric, multifocal, and accommodating IOLs
Surgeons customize treatments to meet each patient’s visual goals.
Aesthetic and Reconstructive Eye Surgery
For patients wanting to improve eye appearance and function, Refocus Eye Health provides:
- Blepharoplasty – removes excess eyelid skin and fat bags
- Brow lift – elevates drooping eyebrows
- Ptosis repair – fixes drooping eyelids
- Ectropion/entropion surgery – corrects outward/inward turning eyelids
- Eye tumor treatment
- Eyelid reconstruction
- Botox for wrinkles
Contact Lens Services
To find the ideal contacts, Refocus Eye Health offers:
- Contact lens fittings – determines the proper size, shape, material, and prescription
- Multifocal contact lens fittings – for presbyopia and monovision
- Contact lens modification – enhances the comfort of current lenses
- Pediatric contact lens fittings
- Contact lens instruction – ensures proper insertion, removal, and care
With a wide selection of brands and specialty lenses, Refocus Eye Health can meet diverse contact lens needs.
Low Vision Rehabilitation
For those with incurable visual impairments, Refocus Eye Health provides low-vision services to maximize remaining sight, including:
- Low vision evaluations – determine the level of usable vision
- Vision rehab therapy – teaches skills for performing daily tasks
- Low vision devices – high-powered spectacles, magnifiers, electronic aids
- Home safety assessments – reduce fall risks and improve navigation
Lifeskills training helps people adapt and remain independent.
Locations Across the Country
With over 60 locations across 15 states, Refocus Eye Health provides national reach with convenient access to advanced eye care.
States Where Refocus Eye Health Operates
Refocus Eye Health has a strong presence in the following states:
- New York
- North Carolina
New locations continue to open, expanding access to Refocus Eye Health’s services. Patients can find an eye doctor at a Refocus Eye Health location near their home or work.
Major Metro Areas Served
In addition to statewide coverage, Refocus Eye Health operates multiple clinics in major metropolitan hubs, including:
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Miami, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Chicago, IL
- New York City, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
- Detroit, MI
- Phoenix, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Seattle, WA
- Minneapolis, MN
Providers in these major cities offer convenient eye care during evening and weekend hours.
Rural and Community Outreach
While concentrated in metropolitan areas, Refocus Eye Health strives to increase access in rural and underserved communities through outreach programs. Their mobile clinics and vision screenings extend quality eye care across economic lines.
Refocus Eye Health participates with most major insurance plans to minimize out-of-pocket costs for patients.
Vision Insurance accepted:
- Davis Vision
- Superior Vision
- Vision Benefits of America
- many other regional and private plans
Medical Insurance accepted:
- Medicare and Medicare Advantage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- many other major carriers
Uninsured patients can discuss payment plan options. Refocus Eye Health’s financial counselors assist with insurance questions, claims, and billing.
Costs and Financing of Refocus Eye Health Services
Refocus Eye Health offers reasonable pricing and helpful financing programs to make care affordable. Costs vary based on services, insurance coverage, and promotions.
Factors Affecting Cost
Several factors impact the cost of services:
- Type of exam: Comprehensive exams cost more than acute visits
- Complexity: Advanced care and surgery is more expensive than routine procedures
- Materials: Premium IOLs specialty contacts increase costs
- Insurance: Out-of-pocket costs depend on coverage details
- Location: Cost of living differences between regions
- Promotions: Special offers reduce prices for some services
Refocus Eye Health’s cost estimators on their website allow patients to calculate approximate costs for specific services at given locations.
Refocus Eye Health accepts payment through:
- Vision and medical insurance
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Cash, checks, and major credit cards
- Third-party financing programs
- Flexible payment plans
Financing options through Refocus Eye Health and its partners allow patients to pay over time.
Insurance Co-Pay and Deductible Costs
|Routine eye exam
|Contact lens exam
Cash Prices and Financing Options
For uninsured patients, typical cash prices and financing terms:
|Average Cash Price
|Comprehensive eye exam
|24-36 month financing
|LASIK, per eye
|24-36 month financing at 0% interest
|24-36 month financing
Discounts and Savings Opportunities
Refocus Eye Health offers regular discounts and promotions, including:
- New patient exam discounts
- Loyalty rewards program
- Seasonal sales on contacts and eyeglasses
- Bundled pricing on cataract surgery with IOLs
- Coupons for cosmetic treatments like LASIK and blepharoplasty
Signing up for Refocus Eye Health’s email newsletter provides information on current deals.
Eye Care After Refocus Eye Health Procedures
Refocus Eye Health provides detailed post-procedure instructions for optimal healing following eye surgery and treatments.
General Post-Operative Care
Typical recommendations after eye procedures:
- Use prescribed eye drops to reduce inflammation and prevent infection
- Wear protective eyewear to shield eyes and avoid rubbing
- Keep follow-up appointments for monitoring and care
- Avoid strenuous activity for the first few days
- Report any unusual pain, bleeding, or vision changes promptly
- Don’t swim or wear eye makeup until approved
- Take pain relievers as needed per guidelines
Following doctor’s orders facilitates quick recovery.
Caring for Eyes After Cataract Surgery
Special guidelines after cataract surgery:
- Administer antibiotic and anti-inflammatory eye drops on schedule
- Wear the eye shield at night as directed
- Keep activities low-key for a week
- Don’t lift over 10 pounds for a week
- Don’t rub or press on your eye for a month
- Use sunglasses outdoors to protect from UV
- Monitor vision daily and report changes
Close compliance minimizes risks like infection and inflammation.
Caring for Eyes After LASIK or PRK
Important steps after laser vision correction:
- Use the prescribed drops to prevent infection and promote healing
- Wear sunglasses outdoors, even on cloudy days
- Avoid eye makeup and lotions around the eye for 1 week
- Don’t rub, poke, or touch the eye; use an eye shield at night
- Limit screen time initially to avoid dry eye symptoms
- Avoid hot tubs, swimming pools for 1-2 weeks
- Don’t go back to contact lenses for at least 1 month
Protecting the eyes aids the cornea’s stabilization.
Signs of Complications
Patients should monitor vision and symptoms and report any of the following problems:
- Decreasing vision or vision disturbances
- Severe eye pain
- Excessive tearing or discharge from the eye
- Increased redness or swelling
- The sensation that something is in your eye
- Bleeding from the eye
Prompt communication allows providers to address post-operative issues.
Maintaining Eye Health with Refocus Eye Health
The physicians at Refocus Eye Health provide ongoing education and care to help patients preserve eye function.
Regular Eye Exams
Annual, comprehensive eye exams allow the detection of subtle changes in vision and eye health. Refocus Eye Health’s primary eye doctors coordinate exams around patients’ schedules.
- Case history and symptom review
- Visual acuity test
- Refraction to check the prescription
- Eye muscle alignment check
- Eye pressure measurement
- Visual field testing
- Retinal imaging
- Eye structure and function assessment
Thorough exams safeguard ocular well-being.
Eye Emergency Care
For urgent eye problems like infections, injuries, or sudden vision changes, Refocus Eye Health offers prompt diagnosis and intervention to prevent permanent damage. Their ophthalmologists are available nights and weekends to treat:
- Eye pain, redness
- Foreign object in the eye
- Corneal abrasion or ulcer
- Chemical burn
- Retinal tear or detachment
- Sudden vision loss, flashes, floaters
- Eyelid laceration, ectropion
Quick action can save vision in medical emergencies.
Routine Vision Correction
The optometrists at Refocus Eye Health keep prescriptions updated by:
- Monitoring for prescription changes annually
- Fitting and adjusting eyeglasses and contacts
- Providing extra pairs of glasses and replacement contacts
- Educating on proper wear and care of lenses
Updated correction prevents avoidable vision impairment.
Education on Eye Health Risks
Refocus Eye Health empowers patients through education on:
- Protecting vision with healthy habits
- Recognizing symptoms that require urgent evaluation
- Impact of medications and health conditions on the eyes
- Preventing injury with safety practices
- Minimizing the progression of conditions like glaucoma
- Benefits of early intervention and regular exams
Knowledge motivates engagement in eye health.
Telemedicine Services through Refocus Eye Health
Refocus Eye Health provides virtual care options to expand access to elite eye doctors.
State-of-the-art telemedicine technology allows patients to receive quality eye care remotely through:
- Live video visits with eye doctors using the secure patient portal
- Transmission of diagnostic images taken locally for expert review
- Remote monitoring programs with automated data tracking
- Asynchronous messaging with the care team
This facilitates care across distances.
Key uses of teleophthalmology include:
- Routine eye exams and vision checks in underserved locales
- Emergency eye triage and advice
- Post-operative follow-up after procedures
- Ocular disease monitoring and management
- Vision therapy, low vision rehab
- Consultations with top specialists
- Second opinions without additional travel
Many services convert conveniently to telemedicine.
Benefits of Telehealth Eye Care
Advantages of teleophthalmology:
- Convenience of care from home or office
- Lower costs from avoided travel
- Time savings with virtual appointments
- Seamless co-management of complex cases
- Expedited referrals and specialist input
- Proactive monitoring and rapid intervention
Telehealth expands Refocus Eye Health’s capacity to deliver elite care.
Choosing an Ophthalmologist with Refocus Eye Health
Refocus Eye Health’s website makes it easy to find the right doctor for your needs.
Search by Location
Easily locate an eye specialist nearby:
- Go to www.refocuseyehealth.com
- Filter by specialty and subspecialty
- Click on doctor profiles to see credentials and reviews
With doctors in over 60 locations, you can find one close by.
Search by Ophthalmic Subspecialty
To find an expert in your condition:
- Go to www.refocuseyehealth.com
- Click on “Find a Doctor.”
- Select the specialty you need – cataracts, cornea, glaucoma, etc.
- Further filter by subspecialty
Scheduling an Appointment with Refocus Eye Health
Refocus Eye Health offers convenient booking through their website, call center, or doctor’s offices.
To request an appointment online:
- Go to www.refocuseyehealth.com
- Click on “Request an Appointment.”
- Select your preferred doctor
- Choose your desired date and time
- Enter your contact and insurance information
- Type in the reason for your visit
To schedule an appointment by phone:
- Call 1-800-766-3937 for Refocus Eye Health’s scheduling line
- Provide the representative with your name, contact details, and doctor preference
- Specify the type of appointment needed – annual exam, eye emergency, procedure consult, etc.
- Select from available times per your schedule
- Have your vision and medical insurance details on hand
A staff member will schedule your visit and provide preparatory instructions.
Through Doctor’s Office
You can also call your Refocus Eye Health provider’s office directly to book appointments by:
- Locating your doctor’s office phone number on their profile page on the website
- Calling and selecting the scheduling option when prompted
- Providing the requested information to the office staff
- Selecting your preferred date and time
The office will handle all scheduling logistics and paperwork for your visit.
Preparing for Your Refocus Eye Health Appointment
Adequate preparation facilitates an effective appointment. Recommended steps:
Confirm Insurance Coverage
- Call your insurance to verify active coverage and benefits
- Ask about required referrals, pre-approvals for procedures
- Check coverage amounts for exams, glasses/contacts, surgery
- Know co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance details
Gather Relevant Information
- List current symptoms you are experiencing
- Make a list of medications you take
- Note any eye conditions, surgeries, injuries
- List questions and discussion points for the doctor
Bring Necessary Items
- Insurance cards, driver’s licenses, referral forms
- Eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Referral paperwork from primary care doctors
- List of medications, allergies, medical history
- Driver or companion if dilating drops may be used
Proper preparation gets your visit off to the right start.
What to Expect at Your Refocus Eye Health Appointment
Refocus Eye Health appointments follow an efficient sequence tailored to your needs.
Check-in and Forms
- Provide insurance card and ID when checking in
- Complete any required registration paperwork
- If arriving early, you can complete forms before the visit
- Technicians will measure your vision and perform imaging
- You may undergo OCT, retinal photography, corneal topography,
- These tests aid diagnosis without dilating drops
- A comprehensive exam will assess all aspects of eye structure and function
- Additional specialized tests may be performed
- The doctor will explain the findings and recommend treatment options
Possible Additional Testing
- If needed for diagnosis, dilating drops will be instilled
- You may undergo visual field screening or other advanced tests
- The doctor will recheck your eyes after dilation
- Have a driver if dilation is expected
Treatment and Follow-up
- If advisable, treatment may be initiated at the visit
- Be prepared for possible prescriptions for glasses/contacts
- You will receive detailed post-visit instructions
- Follow-up appointments will be scheduled as needed
Knowing the flow will help you feel at ease.
Eye Health Articles from Refocus Eye Health
The educational resources from Refocus Eye Health empower patients with valuable eye health knowledge.
Preventing Digital Eye Strain
|Follow the 20-20-20 rule
|Every 20 minutes, take 20 seconds to view something 20 feet away.
|Adjust screen brightness
|Dim screens to match room lighting
|Adjust font size
|Enlarge text for comfortable reading
|Using blue light filter
|Blocks wavelength linked to eye fatigue
|Take frequent breaks
|Short pauses prevent staring and strain
|Updates if needed for computer use
|Consider computer glasses
|Lenses optimized for digital distances
Sunglasses: More than a Fashion Accessory
|UV radiation protection
|Prevents burns, cancer, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
|Improves comfort and visual clarity in bright light.
|Prevention of eye infections
|Blocks entry of contaminants that can cause infections.
|Relief from photophobia
|Helps those with light sensitivity from conditions like iritis.
|Prevention of dry eye
|Decreases evaporation and drying of tear film.
|Crow’s feet prevention
|Reduces squinting and wrinkling around eyes.
Eye Allergies: Symptoms and Solutions
|Cold compresses, saline spray, antihistamine drops
|Artificial tears, cold packs, oral antihistamines
|Burning and stinging
|Topical steroids, cyclosporine drops
|Oral antihistamines, decongestants
|Cool compresses, hydrating gels
|Preservative-free lubricating drops
Seasonal allergies often provoke ocular symptoms. Using the right treatments can safely alleviate discomfort from eye allergies.
Presbyopia: Better Vision After 40
|Bifocal and progressive lenses
|Glasses with distinct zones for distance, near vision correction
|Contact lens monovision
|Dominant eye corrected for distance, other eye for near
|Regions provide distance, intermediate, near correction
|Refractive lens exchange
|Replaces lens with multifocal implant during cataract surgery
|Laser blended vision
|LASIK corrects dominant eye for distance, non-dominant eye for near
Presbyopia results in frustrations like blurry near vision. A variety of effective options exist to renew clear eyesight at all distances after 40.
Refocus Eye Health offers comprehensive, advanced vision care and surgery through their collaborative network of elite eye doctors. By utilizing cutting-edge technology, providing compassionate patient experiences, and granting easy access to experts across ophthalmic subspecialties, Refocus Eye Health delivers exceptionally high-quality eye care tailored to each patient’s specific needs. Their extensive services, from routine exams to complex treatments, excellent insurance coverage, reasonable costs and financing options ensure patients receive exceptional results and exceptional value. Through accessible locations, telemedicine, and educational resources, Refocus Eye Health supports lifelong vision health. With their patient-centered mission and innovative approach, Refocus Eye Health is elevating eye care to new heights.